This X880 USB 3 to dual SATA Gen3 ports shield makes it easy to add high-capacity, high-performance external data storage to your Raspberry Pi 4.The dual SATA shield supports two 2.5" or 3.5" SATA hard drives with ultra-fast data transfer speeds and configurable RAID modes. This dual SATA shield delivers fast file transfer rates up to 5Gbps with USB 3.1 Gen 1 performance. It supports SATA I, II and III and is enhanced with UASP to maximize the performance and speed of your SATA III drives. The dual SATA shield provides an effective solution for Raspberry Pi 4 to store, access, back up, and protect important files.
- We do not recommend using Samsung hard drives,Please use hard drives of other brands.
- Not supported for use with the X735 Power Management Board or X708/X728 UPS board.
- Ideal storage solution for Raspberry Pi 4 - Dual SATA Gen3 ports Shield
- Create high performance storage with a dual SATA HDD RAID array through USB 3.1 (5Gbps)
- Supports Standard Desktop 2.5"/3.5" SATA Hard Drives or SSD
- Supports SATA I, II and III and is enhanced with UASP to maximize the performance and speed of your SATA III drives
- Supports Transfer Speeds up to 5Gbps (USB 3.0),480Mbps (USB 2.0), 12Mbps (USB 1.1)
- Supports hardware JBOD, RAID0(striping), RAID1(mirror), Normal mode
- Supports mode select via jumper setting
- Plug-and-play, no drivers needed
- Powers the Raspberry Pi 4 via test pins - Only one PSU required
- Specially-made USB3.1 jumper to connect with RaspberryPi - no additional cables needed
- LED blue indicator indicates each drive status
- Mounting holes and standoffs provide mechanicalstability of the RaspberryPi and X880 assembly
- Heat dissipation solution:We recommend use embedded radiator P165-A or P165-B
- Supports installation of X880-A1 A2 2.5 "/ 3.5" SATA SSD/HDD Shield
About Raid setup
【RAID setup and Jumper setting】
＊Warning : Please backup your data before setup and switch, otherwise you will lost your data.
1. Install the HDDs
2. Please connect the X880 to your PC and keep power on.
3. Switch RAID mode
- Set the switch button to your preferred RAID mode(PM/RAID 0/RAID 1/SPAN) as per the RAID illustration table.
- Press the SET button for about 5 seconds, and release it till the blue LED indicators starts flashing.
- After RAID mode changed, please confirm that the PC can recognize the disk(s) properly and shows the right capacity.
4. Set CLEAR RAID mode (PM, factory default setup)
- Press the SET button for about 5 seconds then and release it till blue LED indicators starts flashing.
- After above processes, the setup for CLEAR RAID is done.
Power Supply Requirement
- Power supply: 12Vdc +/-5% , ≥3A
- Ports & Connectors: DC jack - 5.5x2.5mm
- 1 x X880 V1.1 Dual SATA Gen3 HDD Shield
- 1 x USB connector
- 2 x Jumper link Pitch 2.54mm
- 6 x M2.5 *4mm Screws
- 2 x M2.5 *8+3mm Spacers
- 2 x M2.5 *8mm Spacers
X880 A1 A2:
- 1 x X880-A1 2.5 "/ 3.5" SATA SSD/HDD Shield
- 1 x X880-A2 2.5 "/ 3.5" SATA SSD/HDD Shield
- 2 x SATA 7+15pin male to female HDD power extension cable（20.5cm and 15.0cm）
- 4 x M2.5 *10mm Screws
- 12 x M3 *6mm Screws
- 4 x M3 *18+6mm Spacers
- 4 x M3 *18mm Spacers
Q: Does the X880 work on Raspberry Pi 3 B+/3B?
A: Sorry, the X880 does not support Raspberry Pi 3 B+/3B.