- The X750 is a multi-functional expansion board for all current models of the Raspberry Pi using a 40 pin header. It provides intelligent and safe power management, safe shutdown, full power off through software and an advanced uninterruptible power supply.
- The X750 reserves the 40-pin header that can be stacked with other Raspberry Pi accessory boards for enhanced applications, and it's the high-end product of the Geekworm UPS family.
- Important Note: The X750-A2 must be use with X750 18650 UPS HAT Shield, it is no use if you just purchase the X750-A2 board.
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS
- You must read these safety instructions and warnings before charging your batteries.
- Lithium Polymer and Li-ion batteries are volatile. Failure to read and follow the below instructions may result in fire, personal injury and damage to property if charged or used improperly.
- Never make wrong polarity connection when charging and discharging battery packs. Always double check polarity of battery's connector to make sure "+" to "+" and "-" to "-".
- Do not mix and use old batteries and new batteries, or batteries with different brand names.
- Lithium batteries has it's cycle life, please replace old battery with new one when it reaches it's service life or when it is two year old, whichever comes first.
- When charging Battery Pack, please put battery in a fire proof container. Please don't leave the X700 on the wood material or carpet and unattended.
- Must keep the X700 away from children.
- Please watch Main Video and Tutorial Video regarding 18650 batteries at: https://www.staysafebattery.com/en/
|FOR USE WITH||Raspberry Pi 4 Model B/3B+/3B/2B/A+/B+|
· Safe shutdown function tested for Raspbian, other operating systems NOT to be tested and advised
Smart and powerful Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
· Provides continuous operations for up to 10~30hours (depending on battery type and qty used)
· Max 5.1V 8000mA Power Backup for even the most demanding RPi set ups
· Four 18650 Cells Lithium Ion Holder, can work with only two or three or four 18650 Lithium Ion batteries
· Can work with X750-A2 4-cell battery holder to increase battery capacity up to 38400mAh (12 18650 batteries)
· Supports 2A via micro-USB socket or 3A via DC jack fast charging
· Integrated battery protection circuit
· Integrated over current protection and over voltage protection
· Integrated Maxim's fuel-gauge systems (Reading battery voltage and percentage via i2c) - Cabling required
· Integrated 10-A fully-integrated synchronous boost converter
· Intelligent automatic charging and discharging
· On-board 4 green LEDs indicate battery charging and discharging levels of 25%, 50% , 75% and 100%
· On-board blue LED show the status of power on/off
|Safe power managem||·
Equipped with momentary button for easy power control
Press the button to turn on
Press the button and hold for 1~2seconds to reboot
Press the button and hold for 3~7seconds to implement safe shutdown
Press the button and hold for >8seconds to force shutdown
· Supports safe shutdown and full poweroff through software
· On-board blue LED shows the status of power on, reboot and shutdown
· On-board pin header to select auto power-on when power supplied or battery installed
· Ultra-low standby power consumption of μA to maximize battery life
· Operate in both charge mode and boost mode to allow full system management and battery power management
· Advanced system power path management avoids frequent charging and extend battery life
· Advanced system power path management allows 3A fast charging and powering Raspberry Pi at the same time
· Powers the Raspberry Pi via the 40-pin header - no additional cabling required
· On-board DC power jack (5.5*2.5mm) and XH2.54 connector convenient for power input
· On-board PH2.0 connector allows to connect external power switch and DIY your perfect case
· On-board XH2.54 power output connectors allow to power other devices
· Mounting holes and standoffs provide mechanical stability of the Raspberry Pi and X750 assembly
With four 18650 cells Lithium Ion holder
· Ideal solution to increase battery capacity (total battery capacity up to 38400mAh, 12 18650 batteries)
· Integrated battery protection circuit
· Mounting holes and standoffs provide mechanical stability of the Raspberry Pi, X750 and X750-A2 assembly
|Pins and GPIO used||Pin No.||Usage|
|2,4||+5V power supply|
|3,5||I2C for UPS battery voltage and percentage reading|
|7||GPIO4 for power management|
|11||GPIO17 for power management|
|12||GPIO18 for power management|
Via Micro-USB socket: 4.7~5.5Vdc, 2.5A;
· Via DC power jack: 4.7~5.5Vdc ±5%, ≥4A
· UPS output : 5.1V ±5% Max 8A
· UPS charging current: 2A via Micro-USB socket, 3A via DC jack
· Terminal Battery Voltage : 4.2V
· Recharge Threshold : 4.1V
Advanced power path management only enabled when applying power to the DC power
· Do not apply power to your Raspberry Pi via the Micro USB socket or Type-C socket.
· Do not use 18650 battery with built-in protection circuit
- 1 x X750 Expansion Board
- 1 x GPIO and power daughterboard
- 1 x 8-pin connection cable
- 8 x Screw M2.5*5 mm
- 2 x Spacer M/F M2.5*22+6 mm
- 2 x Spacer F/F M2.5*22mm
With four 18650 cells Lithium Ion holder
- Ideal solution to increase battery capacity (total battery capacity up to 38400mAh, 12 18650 batteries)
- Integrated battery protection circuit
- Mounting holes and standoffs provide mechanical stability of the Raspberry Pi, X750 and X750-A2 assembly
- 1 x X750-A2 Board
- 1 x XH2.5 2Pin connector (Cable: 10cm/3.93inch)
- 1 x Install Screws Pack
- X750 Sofrware
- X750 Hardware
- I2C MAX17040-MAX17041
- Scripts to https://github.com/geekworm-com/x750
This is the safe shutdown & reading Battery voltage and capacity script for x750
Customers often ask if we support automatic and safe shutdown at low battery capacity? Our suggestion is: You can refer to the A file and the B file to program this idea yourself: The idea is to read the current voltage or battery capacity cyclically, and then judge the program to execute the automatic shutdown command when it is low or low voltage, of course This low battery or low voltage value is an empirical value, and you can specify it yourself in the program.
How to Connect the X750 with our Momentary Switch & Latching Switch
Q: 1. Will the X750-A2 stackable? Can we double or triple or more X750-A2 to hold 12/16 batteries?
A: No limit to X750-A2,you can stack mutiple X750-A2 to hold and add more batteries. But please note that the charging current is only about 2.5A, so the charging speed will be become slow if you stack mutiple X750-A2.
Q: 2. Will X750 have an auto shutdown if the battery is low?
A: Sorry no, the X750 does not support an auto shutdown if the battery is low.
Q: 3. How many Amps can be used on each of the various XH2.54 5V Output connectors??
A: All 5v output connectors are connected together and they can deliver total 8A output.
Q: 4. What is the pinout for the PWR Switch?
A: Please refer to here: PH2.0 Conector Specification
Q: 5. Does the X725/X750 support to use with X735 together?
A: Sorry, no, the X725/X750 does not support to use with X735 power management board, please do not use them togehter.
Q: 6. Can X750 provide enough power supply when PI 4 is overclocked to 2.0ghz?
A: No problem, X750 can output current up to 8A
Q: 7.How to remove/unload the X750 script from your Pi?
A: Open the /etc/rc.local file (sudo nano /etc/rc.local or vim /etc/rc.local to open the /etc/rc.local file;), and seach x750, then comment out that line (add # on the begin of that line);
Q: 8.Does the X725/X750/X705 support power failure detection?
A: No, the X725/X750/X705 dose not support power failure detection.
Q: 9.Does the X750 support to use with X835?
A: No,not support. They requires different power supply voltage, can't use togehter.
Q: 10.X750 is not compatible with adafruit 3.5" touchscreen problem
A: Please refer to https://geekworm.com/community/forum/topic/12496/x750-pinout
Q: 11.Why do not use 18650 battery with built-in protection circuit for X750?
A: The X750 has an onboard fuse, if the battery can be installed, you can directly use the battery with protection circuit, but the output power may be affected.