- Don't power via X635 USB-C socket when connect another PC to X635 USB-A.
- To enable the CM4 to be updated via rpiboot, You have to put a jumper over the pins of "nBOOT" and "GND" on the 6-pin header.
- Please use only the screws(M2x3mm) for mounting the SSD come with this kit. Other screw size(length>3mm) will damage your Micro-SD card or the card socket!!!
The X635 is a ultra-compact carrier board specifically designed for the Raspberry Pi compute module 4.
It supports M.2 NVMe SSD expansion board which offers an easy and fast way to create storage solution. At the same time, it adds HDMI to CSI-2 bridge that converts HDMI stream to MIPI CSI-2 TX. The CM4 has been designed without video streaming input port except CSI-2 for camera input, and this carrier board can be used with CM4 in several applications that required Video Input.
- Based on the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 and Compatible with all variants
- Takes in HDMI input and converts to CSI-2 that looks like a camcorder input
- HDMI Full HD capture based on the TC358743 chip
- HDMI input: 1080p30, 1080p25, 720p30, 720p25
- Supports HDMI audio capture via i2s
- Gigabit Ethernet socket supporting Power over Ethernet (POE) expansion(Need extra PoE module)
- HDMI output port supporting 4K display
- M.2 2242 KEY M socket for NVMe SSD storage expansion
- Supports booting from MicroSD, eMMC and faster M.2 2242 NVME SSD
- USB2.0 Type-A connector for external USB hub and programming the CM4 eMMC
- 26pin expansion header includes power pins and GPIO pins
- Small size measuring just 55 x 70 x 18mm
How to Power
Power via X635 USB-C 5V In
But if a PC is connected to X635 USB-A, the PC's USB will supply power to the X635, and don't connect extra power supply to X635 USB-C.
How to Cool
Aluminum Heatsink for Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4, please refer to C235
- 1 x X635 V1.2 Expansion Board
- 1 x USB2.0 to USB2.0 Cable (Length: 45cm/17.72inch)
- 2 x Mini HDMI to HDMI Cable (Length: 50cm/19.69inch)
- 1 x Screws Pack
Dimensions source file (DXF): File:X635-PCB-V1.dxf - You can view it with Autodesk Viewer online
Thanks for the video from leepspvideo!
X635 User Guide: https://youtu.be/TDaY9tNKWs8
Does the M.2 interface use the PCI-e or USB interface? What is the max usable transfer rate?
A: The M.2 interface of X635 use PCI-e interface. The max usable transfer rate is 5Gbps.