Geekworm DACPi is an ultra-thin desktop DAC kit based on the latest raspberry pi 4;
We know that there are many DAC expansion boards released on the market, but they have a common shortcoming that they are too thick. We redesigned the DAC expansion board (X950) and tried our best to make this DAC the thinnest and matched a NUC style aluminum alloy shell, the final thickness of DACPi is only 31mm, Geekworm hope you can like it.
DACPi adopts modular design, it composed of three parts: X950 DAC Shield, cooling system ( P165-B embedded heatsink), and a ultra-thin NUC style aluminum case;Just simply assemble them with the Raspberry Pi 4 motherboard.
- X950 shield can turn your Raspberry pi 4 into a ready-to-play High Resolution Network Music Player.
- The shell is made of all aluminum alloy, CNC processing method, surface anodizing treatment.
- For the cooling solution, considering that the active cooling fan will interfere with the sound quality, we abandoned the X823-A3 active cooling solution in NASPi, and we only use P165-B to dissipate heat, which can provide enough heat dissipation if there is no overclocking, but P165-B may be a slight impact on WIFI. You can remove the heatsink also.
- Moode Audio Player
- Raspbian Jessie
[For Use With] Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Only
(X950 is compatible with Raspberry pi 3 also, but both DACPi case and P165-B are not compatible with Pi 3)
- Thinnest design case, only 31mm thickness
- NUC style aluminum alloy case
- High-quality DAC
- Passive heat dissipation, no noise
- Use high quality PCM5122 DAC chip
- PCM5122 support Full-HD audio – up to 32-bit/384kHz playback (BUT pi 4 only support 24-bit/192kHz)
- Built-in high-quality audio headphone amplifier (TI TPA6133A)
- Class leading audio: 112db SNR, and THD of 0.0019%
- On-board RCA connectors
- Powered by the Raspberry Pi PSU- no additional power supply required
- 1 x DACPi NUC style shell
- 1 x X950 DAC Shield
- 1 x P165-B heatsink
- 1 x screw pack
Power supply: 5Vdc +/-5% , ≥3A (Via Type-C port of Raspberry pi 4)
We recommend that you use raspberry pi fundation type c power adapter: https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/type-c-power-supply/
Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W8XHMJZ
Q1. Will the Alu case affect the WIFI?
A: As our test, 2.4G WIFI AP was usable. But different Raspberry Pi individuals have different degrees of WIFI interference. As well as aluminum alloy case will interfere with pi 4’s WIFI to a certain extent. So it is strongly recommended to use ethernet or 5G AP.
Q2. Will this work with ropiee?
A: It works with RoPieee just pick "Audio HAT: IQandIO Pi-DAC(+/PRO/Zero)" and I using Spotify and it playing real good sounds very good. （from the feedback of buyer)
Q3.Use the latest version of Raspbian, the os can not see the DACPi
A: If the line 'dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus' does not work, please try to use this line 'dtoverlay=rpi-dac'.（from the feedback of buyer)
Thanks for the video from leepspvideo!