Please refer to here: File:DAC-setting-raspbian.pdf
- Write SD card image and boot Pi.
- connect from web browser to volumio.local
- Select the top right hand side (burger) menu and select PLAYBACK OPTIONS.
- Turn on "I2S DAC" and select "ST400" under“DAC Model.” Then reboot and you are done.
- Connect from web browser to moode.local
- Select configure from the pull down menu, then system.
- Within the Audio section select the device you have (such as 'SupTrnonics x400') and press SET
- Within the same selection make sure you set the volume to around 20% (not 100%) and press SET
- Select reboot
- Select configure from the pull down menu and then MPD
- Within Setting, select volume control - hardware and then APPLY
- Select reboot
- Write SD card image, boot Pi.
- login into the Pi via ssh as root (password rune) and edit /boot/config.txt to select the IQaudio Pi-DAC+ devicetree overlay. Save and reboot
- Connect from web browser to runeaudio.local
- Select the pull down settings menu and select MPD, here change audio interface to IQaudIO DAC, beneath this select Volume control: enabled-hardware
- Press SAVE AND APPLY
- Download Stable Openelec 6.0.3 image from http://releases.openelec.tv/OpenELECRPi2.arm-6.0.3.img.gz
- Write image to SD card
- Boot Openelec
- SSH into the Raspberry PI and edit config.txt to include the device tree
- mount -o remount,rw /flash
- nano /flash/config.txt
# audio interfaces dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus # optional hardware interfaces dtparam=i2s=on
- Once above changes have been made, then ctrl+x to save.
- mount -o remount,ro /flash
NOTE (Feedback from one of our customer): using the latest version of Raspbian Pi OS, 'dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus' does not work, but choose 'dtoverlay=rpi-dac' it works fine
It works with RoPieee just pick "Audio HAT: IQandIO Pi-DAC(+/PRO/Zero)" and I using Spotify and it playing real good sounds very good.
Selecting "IQDac" on LibreElec to make it work
for the picoreplayer the correct hardware is the Audiophonics ISabre Q2M
hw:CARD=DAC,DEV=0 - I-Sabre Q2M DAC, I-Sabre Q2M DAC i-sabre-codec-i2c.1-0048-0
Thanks to Ignace Sannen