This X729 is an ultra-compact advanced uninterruptible power supply expansion board for all current models of the Raspberry Pi using a 40 pin header.
It provides Max. 5.1V 6000mA Power Backup for even the most demanding Raspberry Pi set ups, intelligent and safe power management, safe shutdown, auto power-on, battery reverse polarity protection circuit, AC Power Loss Detection, real- time clock(RTC), Buzzer, PWM Fan and Wide Voltage 6-24V Input.
The X729 reserves the 40-pin header that can be stacked with other Raspberry Pi accessory boards for enhanced applications. The X729 can also be used with the X825 (2.5" HDD/SSD Shield) and X857 / X862 (MSATA/M.2 NGFF SSD shield) for safe data backup.
For Use With
- Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+/ 2 Model B / 3 Model B / 3 Model B+ / 3 Model A+ / 4 Model B
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS
- You must read these safety instructions and warnings before charging your batteries.
- Lithium Polymer and Li-ion batteries are volatile. Failure to read and follow the below instructions may result in fire, personal injury and damage to property if charged or used improperly.
- Never make wrong polarity connection when charging and discharging battery packs. Always double check polarity of battery's connector to make sure "+" to "+" and "-" to "-".
- Do not mix and use old batteries and new batteries, or batteries with different brand names.
- Lithium batteries has it's cycle life, please replace old battery with new one when it reaches it's service life or when it is two year old, whichever comes first.
- When charging Battery Pack, please put battery in a fire proof container. Please don't leave the X729 on the wood material or carpet and unattended.
- Must keep the X729 away from children.
- Please watch Main Video and Tutorial Video regarding 18650 batteries at: https://www.staysafebattery.com/en/
- Provides continuous operations for up to 10~30hours (depending on battery type and qty used)
- Max 5.1V 6000mA Power Backup for even the most demanding RPi set ups
- Integrated TI INA219 12-bit current/voltage/power monitor
- Measure both output voltage and current draw over I2C with high precision
- Integrate Advanced Power MOSFET with Equivalent of 7mΩ RDS(ON) to reduce power loss
- Supports 3000mA fast battery charging
- Battery over current protection and over voltage protection
- Protection of battery cell Reverse Connection
- Integrated Maxim's fuelgauge systems (Reading battery voltage and percentage over i2c)
- Onboard 4 green LEDs indicate battery charging and discharging levels of 25%, 50% , 75% and 100%
- 18650 two cells lithium Ion holder
- Integrated highefficiency stepdown DCDC converter
- Wide 6V to 24V operating input range
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- Up to 10A output current to keep 3A fast charging and powering Raspberry Pi at the same time
- Allows powering from a car, a solder pannel and other power sources
- Most common power input jack: 5.5x2.1mm
- Onboard push button to control power on, safe shutdown, reboot and force shutdown
- Supports full poweroff from software
- Onboard blue LED shows the status of power on, reboot and shutdown
- AC power loss or power adapter failure detection (LED, GPIO and buzzer alarm)
- Jumper setting to enable Auto power on when power applied or restored
- Automatic safe shutdown when battery low (voltage programmable)
- Onboard buzzer alarm for power loss and low battery
- Ultralow standby power consumption to maximize battery life
- Advanced system powerpath management avoids batteries frequent charging and discharging
- Integrated Hardware Real Time Clock (RTC) with Battery BackUp
- Keeps track of the time while the Raspberry Pi is switched off
- Uses the most common DS1307 RTC real time clock
- Uses the 18650 battery to maintain the date and time no additional battery required
- Dedicated PWM cooling fan for Raspberry Pi
- Air flow up to 6.01CFM and maximum speed of 5000 RPM
- Smooth PWM adjustment provides a quiet experience
- RealTime fan speed reading
- Programmable temperature and fan speed
- Powers the Raspberry Pi via the 40pin header no additional cabling required
- Reserved 40pin stackable Header for AddOn Boards
- 1x4 Pin header and Screw holes for OLED display
- Works with all current models of the Raspberry Pi using a 40 pin header
- XH2.54 connectors for extra battery x1, 5V output x2
- PH2.04P for external power switch
- Power input: 6-24Vdc ±5%, ≥3A ; recommend to Geekworm DC5521 12V/5A Power adapter US/EU plug
- UPS output : 5.1V ±5% Max 6A
- UPS charging current: 2.3~3.2A
- Terminal Battery Voltage : 4.24V
- Battery Recharge Threshold : 4.1V
Match Metal Case
There is no match metal case for X729 now!
- 1 x X729 V1.3 UPS Shield
- 2 x Jumper link Pitch 2.54mm
- 5 x M2.5 *4mm Screws
- 4 x M2.5 *7+6mm Spacers
- 4 x M2.5 *12mm Spacers
- 1 x M2.5 *20mm Spacers
X729 Dimensions source file (DXF): File:X729-PCB-v1.dxf - You can view it with Autodesk Viewer online
Q: Can X829 extend X728-A2 (2 cells) / X708-A1(8 cells) battery holder?
A: YES. You can connect X708-A1 / X728-A2 battery holder via [BAT: XH2.54 Port to External Battery] of X729 board. But please pay attention to the correct wiring method, if it is reversed, it will burn the X729.
The polarity of the 2pin red and black wire of X708-A1/X728-A2 is opposite to that of X729 BAT XH2.54 port.
Enable comment auto-refresher
Anonymous user #4
Anonymous user #3
Anonymous user #2
Anonymous user #1