In December 2019, the X855 has been updated to X856.
The X855 V1.3 mSATA SSD Shield expansion board provides a complete storage solution for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, only mSATA interface SDD hard disk is suitable for X855 mSATA SSD extension board; Support up to 1TB mSATA solid-state drive (SSD); With this module, user can build a mobile hard disk with a mSATA SSD for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B.
- Supports upto 1TB mSATA solid-state drive (SSD)
- Ideal storage solution for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
- USB 3.1 Gen1（ Support USB 3.0） to SATA 6Gb/s Bridge Controller
- Quick file transfer with high-speed USB 3.0 connectivity from a PC or a Mac
- Bus powered, No additional AC adapter required
- Ultra compact size
- Power supply: USB connection with raspberry pi.
- Additional power may be required only when using a large capacity hard disk
- All use patch processing technology, product quality is more reliable;
- Powered by the Raspberry Pi motherboard (only requires extra power when the SSD can't be recognized or low power)
Matching Metal Case for X855
The case for Raspberry Pi 4 with X855 hasn't released yet, but it will release in the near future.
1 x X855 V1.3 Expansion Board
1 x USB 3.1 connector
1 x Install Screws pack (6x M2.5*6 ;4xM2.5*12+6 ; 4x 2.5*5)
Test results based on SAMSUNG MSATA 860EVO 250G SSD. We used 3 different software to test it, since this is transferred via USB, it cannot read and write 500M/S.
[x850&x855 performance test 1]
[x850&x855 performance test 2]
[x850&x855 performance test 3]
[x850&x855 performance test 4]
Q1: Does the X855 support USB boot?
- Please refer to Does the X825/X855 support USB boot