X306 is a one cell 18650 UPS shield designed for Raspberry Pi Zero W / 2W.
It equipped with 3 standard USB-A 2.0 ports, and a USB Type C to power. The USB-A port can be used to connect external devices such as mouse, keyboard etc.
- The Raspberry Pi board, power adapter are not included in the packing list.
- Raspberry pi micro OTG port cannot be used as it is occupied by USB HUB
4 Pin header function description:
|AL ON: Pin 1&2||Short: Power always on, power button disabled;|
|AL ON: Pin 1&2||Open: Power button Press to switch on, Hold 3 seconds to switch off|
|PWR SW: Pin 3&4||for external 2-pin momentary switch|
"AL ON" enable, "PWR SW" will be disable.
"PWR SW" enable, "AL ON" will be disable.
- Ideal Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) solution for Raspberry Pi Zero W/2W
- Max 5.1V 4000mA Power Backup for even the most demanding Raspberry Pi set ups
- 18650 single cell battery holder
- Upto 1000mA charging current
- Integrated battery reverse polarity protection circuit
- Integrated over current protection and over voltage protection
- Intelligent automatic charging and discharging
- 4 blue LEDs indicate battery charging and discharging levels of 25%, 50% , 75% and 100%
- Red & green LEDs show the status of power on/off and charging status
- On-board push button to control power on /off (Press-ON, Hold the button pressed at least 3s -OFF)
- Ultra-low standby power consumption of μA to maximize battery life
- Integrated IN-to-SYS pass-through path to pass the input voltage to the system
- Advanced system power path management avoids frequent charging and extend battery life
- Connects to the Raspberry Pi via Pogo Pins - no wirindg & soldering required
- 4-pin header for external power swtich and always-on power option
- Equipped with three USB2.0 ports and one USB2.0 4-through-holes for more USB expansion
- Input supply voltage: 5Vdc +/-5%
- Input supply current: ≥3A
- Charging current: 900~1050mA
- Trickle charge current: 130~140mA
- Predetermined Charge voltage: 4.2V +/-1.5%
- Output voltage: 5.1V +/-5%
- Max output current: 4000mA
How to Power
Power Input: 5.1Vdc +/-5% , ≥3A (Power Via USB Type-C port of X306 NOT Pi zero 2W)
How to Cool
Aluminum Heatsink for raspberry pi zero 2 w, please refer to C296
- 1 x X306 18650 UPS Shield
- 4 x M2.5 x 5mm Screws
- X306 Dimensions source file (DXF): File:X306V1.1.dxf - You can view it with Autodesk Viewer online
Q1. What 18650 battery is recommended?
A: 18650 battery dimension
Q2. What is the power output for each usb port?
A: It is 5V, all ports share 4A, not limited to 500mA.
Q3. Is there any way I can check from the raspberry pi if it's connected to the power or the battery from the UPS?
A: When connected to the power supply to X306, the power supply supplies power to the Raspberry Pi; remove the power supply, it is powered by the battery.
Enable comment auto-refresher
Anonymous user #6
Anonymous user #5
Anonymous user #3
Anonymous user #4
Anonymous user #2
Anonymous user #1