This X301 is a 2.5-inch SATA HDD/SSD storage expansion board with USB HUB function for the raspberry pi zero 2 w or raspberry pi zero w.
Geekworm has provided X-series storage solutions for Raspberry Pi since 2017, our storage expansion boards have been continuously improved with the upgrade of Raspberry Pi. Many Geekworm users contacted us to inquire about the Zero 2 W storage expansion board, that is why the X301 is born.
- X301 is not compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero as it without wifi module.
- Raspberry pi micro OTG port cannot be used as it is occupied by USB HUB
- The Raspberry Pi board, SSD/HDD, power adapter are all not included in the packing list.
- Ideal storage solution for Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W / Zero W - 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD Shield
- USB Hub for Raspberry Pi
- Gain 3 USB2.0, downstream ports which offer High-Speed (480Mbps), Full-Speed (12Mbps), and Low-Speed (1.5Mbps)
- Supports Multiple Transaction Translators for optimum performance
- Powers the Raspberry Pi via Pogo Pins - no wiring & soldering required
- LED green indicates RPi activity status and LED blue indicates hard drive status
- Supports USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP)
How to Power
Power via USB C 5V In port of X301
Power supply requirement: 5Vdc +/-5% , ≥3A
How to Cool
Recommend to use with Geekworm C296 aluminum heatsink for Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W. C296 also compatible with raspberry pi zero w by using thermal pads of different thicknesses, thermal pads for raspberry pi zero w is not included.
- 1 x X301 V1.0 Expansion Board
- 4 x F/F M2.5*12 mm Spacers
- 4 x CM2.5*5mm Screws
- 2 x CM2.5*10mm Screws
- 2 x M3*5mm Screws (to fix HDD)
Q1: Does the X301 support boot from the ssd/hdd?
A: No, the Raspberry Pi Zero/Zero 2W does not support boot from SSD/HDD.
Enable comment auto-refresher
Anonymous user #2
Anonymous user #2
Anonymous user #1