We test the following step base the Jetson nano image (ubuntu 18.04 LTS)
1. Update software source on Ubuntu, refer to Update software source on Ubuntu
NOTE: You must connect the internet via Ethernet or Wireless USB adapter before software update.
2. To install pip for Python 3 on Ubuntu, run the following commands as root or sudo user in your terminal:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install python-pip
3. To install Jetson GPIO library:
sudo pip install Jetson.GPIO
4. To install I2C dev library
sudo apt-get install libi2c-dev i2c-tools pip install smbus
5. To check what i2c devices connected (This is very important!!)
sudo i2cdetect -y -r 1
PS: The i2c address ix 0x3C
6. To install Nano editor on Ubuntu
sudo apt-get install nano
7. Download the sample python file (File:Bat.py) for i2c battery voltage & percentage reading, then run the following command to test it.
sudo python Bat.py
8. Download the sample python file (File:Pld.py) for AC power loss / power adapter failure detection, then run the following command to test it.
sudo python Pld.py
Note: you can get the sample python file from github also;
git clone https://github.com/geekworm-com/T208
A: Found some error
Q: 1. check your python version with command 'sudo python -v'
2. check the I2C if is enable with command 'sudo i2cdetect -y -r 1', you can found the result is 0x36
3. Configure the appropriate software source, or you can't update.
Return to T208