This is a NVMe M.2 SSD shield specially designed for NVIDIA jetson nano developer kit, and it supports upto 2TB M.2 SSD, with smart power management, supports plug-and-play, is the ideal storage solution on NVIDIA jetson nano.
Please refer to 2.5 inch SATA SSD Shield if you want use the 2.5 inch SATA SSD on jetson nano.
How to boot the rootfs from external drive(Not test on T100):
Note: We received some feedback that NVME SSD does not support booting from USB.
|FOR USE WITH||Jetson Nano|
|OPERATING SYSTEM||All operating systems|
storage solution for Jetson Nano - M.2 NVMe SSD Shield
·Supports up to 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD solid-state drives
·Supports multiple M.2 NVMe SSD lengths including: 2280, 2260, 2242, 2230
·Integrated USB 3.1 Gen2 to PCIe Gen3x2 10Gb/s bridge controller
·USB3.1 Gen1 connectivity offers plug-and-play functionality on your Jetson Nano
· We just weld the mounting copper column on the 2280 place, 2260, 2242, 2230 are also supported, but you need to prepare a 6.7mm mounting copper column if your ssd is 2260/2242/2230.
·Quick data transfer with high-speed USB3.1 Gen1 5Gb/s or Gen2 10Gb/s connectivity from a PC
·With SSD LED blue indicator
·On-board DC jack allows external power supply for high capacity SSD (Max 11.5Watts)
·One power adapter to power both T100 and Jetson Nano - 1 Female to 2 Male DC cable supplied
·Intelligent power management - Automatic powering off when system shutdown
·USB bus-powered or powered by external power adapter
Power supply via DC jack : 5VDC
· A good quality power supply is required, otherwise the hard disk will not be recognized or the system will automatically shut down.THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!
Type-C socket x 1
·DC Jack 5.5x2.1mm x 1
·67Pin M.2 connector P=0.5mm, H3.2mm, Key M x1
|DIMENSION||PCB Size: 100mm x 79mm|
SATA SSD is not included
·Only Compatible with NVMe M.2 SSDs
·Not compatible with M.2 SATA SSDs, M.2 PCIe AHCI SSDs, or other M.2 non-NVMe devices
·As with all SSDs, new media must be formatted before use
·Performance depends on host system, workload, and SSD media used
·SSD will run hot when it is under heavy load
·Older SSD drives with less efficient flash media may not perform as well as newer drives
There are 3 power supply methods:
- Directly power the motherboard is acceptable if use a good quality DC 5V 4A power adapter.(otherwise the current is not enough to 2.5 inch sata ssd)
- Power the jetson nano and T100 vith 1 female to 2 male DC cable, require a good quality DC 5V 4A power supply, otherwise jetson nano will be automatically shut down.
- Can power the T100 separately, but will lose the power management function.
Matching Metal Case
- 1 x Jetson Nano NVMe M.2 SSD Shield T100 V1.1
- 1 x Installation pack
- 1 x USB A to USB type C Cable
- 1 x 1 Female to 2 Male DC cable (length: 15cm)
T100 and T100-C1 Case installation video: https://youtu.be/841XHpND8Aw
Q1: Does the T100 support USB Boot?
A： The T100 is only used for provide M.2 NVMe SSD storage solution for Jetson Nano, the USB boot is not tested on T100, also we received some feedback that NVME SSD does not support booting from USB.