The X630 hdmi to csi module is a bridge module that converts HDMI stream to MIPI CSI-2, which enables your Raspberry Pi to accept HDMI video and audio streams and process them as incoming data source.
- Specifically designed mounting hole for the Raspberry Pi
- HDMI to CSI-2 bridge chip: Toshiba TC358743XBG
- Video Formats Support (Up to 1080P)
- CSI-2 Transmit Interface MIPI CSI-2 compliant (Version 1.01 Revision 0.04 -2 April 2009)
- CSI-2 connector: 15 pin FPC with 1.0 mm pitch
- Able to start RASPISTILL or RASPIVID multiple times and no reboot required
- Easily fixed on Raspberry Pi and DIY your pefect case
X630-A2 is an accessory board that provides audio functions when used with X630. It also has a 3007 fan onboard and also supports X630-C1 case.
X630-A2 GPIO Use
|Rpi GPIO||PIN NAME||Description||Note|
|5||HDET||HDMI input detect (high level )||3.3V|
|6||INT||Interrupt Output signal – active high (Level)||3.3V|
|12||RST||TC358743XBG reset control , active high||3.3V|
|18||A_SCK||I2S/TDM Bit Clock signal (BCK)||3.3V|
|19||A_WFS||I2S Word Clock or TDM Frame Sync signal (LRCK)||3.3V|
|20||A_SD||I2S/TDM data signal (Data)||3.3V|
X630 Packing List
- 1x X630 HDMI to CSI-2 Module
- 1x X630-A1 Board
- 1 x FPC cable（5cm length）
- 1 x FPC cable-for backup（8cm length）
- 2 x F/F M2.5*17mm Spacer
- 4 x M2.5*6 Screw
- 1 x M2.5 Nut
X630-A2 Packing List
- 1 * X630-A2 Audio Hat & Cooling Fan Expansion Board
- 1 * 10-pin Cable
- 4 * F/F M2.5*12 Spacers
- 8* M2.5*5+5 Screws
X630 PCB dimention
How to install X630
X630+X630-A2+X630-C1 Case for Raspberry Pi 4: https://youtu.be/lJL2Ihs1aYg
Match Metal Case
Please refer to X630-C1
Notes & Known Issues
(1) If using GStreamer or PiKVM, please change to Hardware reset mode. Otherwise, the X630 won't be detected and there will be no video.
(2) An accessory board (X630-A2) for audio capturing & reset is available now.
(3) Currently the software reset mode can only support RASPISTILL or RASPIVID.
(4) If GStreamer is installed in Raspberry Pi OS, RASPISTILL & RASPIVID are no longer worked.
Q: What to do if there is no video output?
A: 1. When use the PI-KVM, please set the dip switches at the back of X630 to HW mode(Hardware reset mode). Pull the HW switch to 1 and pull the SW switch to 0.(Our default mode is HW mode.) Please set the switches at power off status. (For PiKVM usage, you will need to turn off SW reset DIP switch and turn on HW reset DIP switch prior to connecting the CSI cable to your Pi4.)
2. Software reset uses GPIO 509 to reset operation through GPIO. Please refer to wiki: X630-Software
Q: Which connector model is compatible with 10pin functional connector?
A: It is SH1.0 10Pin connector.
Q: Does the X630 support to work with Octoprint?
A: No, the X630 is not tested with Octoprint. It is recommended to choose hardware reset to test and ensure that the video input by X630 must be 1080p or 720p, which cannot be converted higher than 1080P.
Q: 1080p 60Hz HDMI to CSI-2 via TC358743 ?
A: Please refer to: https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=211802&sid=e6fef431928907e63fc8eb539cd75389 for reference.